Dear BCE Families,
THANK YOU ~ Thank you all for your generous donations to the Gift Shift and the Canned Food Drive! What a great example of kindness and compassion you are for our students. I had a delightful morning of bringing students to the Gift Shift. The smiles on their faces and the joy they had when they left with gifts for loved ones are truly the spirit of the holiday!
Stormy Weather ~ We made it through this past batch of rough weather and know more will be on the way soon. Please make sure we have current contact information for you as well as a complete list of emergency contacts - email Heather Chinello (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updates. With the possibility of road closures please consider having an emergency contact on both the north and south side of BCE. While your students will be safe here at school, we know they'll be more comfortable with a friend or family member.
PLEASE note that Winter Break this year runs from December 22nd through January 5th. That means that school will not resume until Tuesday January 6th.
Up Coming Dates to Remember
- Wednesday 12/17 = 1st Grade Sing, 6:00pm BCE MP Room
- Thursday 12/18 = Parent Club Meeting, 6:30 BCE Library
- 12/22 – 1/5 = No School (Winter Break) Please note that students do not return to school until Tuesday January 6th
- Thursday 1/8 = Parent Club, 6:30pm BCE Library
- Friday 1/9 = Family Game Night
- Wednesday 1/14 = Family Dinner Night (Edo's Sushi)
- Monday 1/19 = No School (ML King Jr. Birthday)
- Tuesday 1/20 = No School (Teacher Professional Development)
Attendance Facts = Missing 2 weeks of class time each year in primary school means a total of 14 weeks teaching time missed— this could have a real impact on basic literacy and math skills.
Thank you for supporting your student by getting them to school every day and on time!
Safety Tip of the Week: Please be aware of the bus zones and help us keep the lanes open for the safety of our students and to allow the busses to arrive and leave on time
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
The BCE Way: BE RESPECTFUL, BE SAFE, BE RESPONSIBLE
BCE PARENTS CLUB EVENT & MEETING REMINDERS:
It is very easy to sign up:
- On your first visit to Amazon Smile (smile.amazon.com), you are prompted to select a charitable organization from our list of eligible organizations.
- Select Boulder Creek Elementary Parent Club.
- Use this website when ordering on Amazon and .5% will come to the BCE Parents Club (http://smile.amazon.com)
COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITY LINK
Please click on the following link to view a variety of opportunities for your child(ren) that are offered throughout the valley and Santa Cruz areas by various organizations, such as Boy/Girl Scouts, Sports, Arts-Drama-Theater, Local Events, Community Service, Quest/YMCA (before/after-school child care), etc. Link here: https://sites.google.com/a/slvusd.org/community-link/
This link is provided as a courtesy for parents & students, by the San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District, to receive information of current local events and opportunities. The San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District does not sponsor or endorse any of the organizations or events that are located here.
The Flyer Process for San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District is posted on the "home" page of the District website at www.slvusd.org. The flyers and/or blurbs are no longer inserted into the school newsletters or distributed to the children. The District is making an effort to reduce the amount of paper that is sent home with your child(ren) and is working together to streamline the newsletter so that you read about the most important information regarding your child's school. The District has created a website where all of the approved flyers will be posted (Community Opportunity).